No wonder fiscally conservative House members voted no on this crap bill. Within the Hurricane Sandy relief bill is all kinds of pork for totally unrelated items such as:
16 billion for HUD to spend on any disaster "emergency" that was declared in 2011 and 2012, and any that will be declared in 2013 (meaning in 47 states plus Puerto Rico at the moment).
• $2.02 billion for Federal Highway Administration to spend on roads first in Connecticut, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Virginia whether they need Sandy-related repairs or not and then elsewhere in the country as FHA chooses;.
• $561 million for the Corps of Engineers to spend outside of areas affected by Sandy, including $10 million for a national Water Resources Priorities Study;
• $100 million for Head Start;
• $86 million for AMTRAK on non-Sandy capital improvements;
• $40 million for military base repair and maintenance, which includes spending for Guantanamo Bay;
• $25 million for NOAA to improve weather forecasting;
• $10 million for FBI salaries and expenses; and
• $2 million for Smithsonian roof repairs.
All of this was passed with no offsets in other federal spending, so in other words the 60 billion in new taxes that just kicked in was spent in one fell swoop.
Congress and tje current administration is despicable. They will spend us into oblivion and collapse the dollar. It's no longer a question of if it one of when.
The next big media spin will be about raising the debt limit. Remember when this B/S.starts its not about paying are way its all about borrowing more so they don't have to make any cuts. If we are in such bad shape that we have to keep borrowing and use government spending to keep the U.S. from sliding into a depression when it does go the collapse will be many times worse than if we had taken our medicine 4 years ago. Good luck we all are going to need it.