Sunday, December 21, 2008

Steele Soft On 2nd, Bad Choice For RNC Chair

While Steel is articulate and had an NRA endorsement the questions he answered from the Washington Post in 2006 tells me he is just another RINO who probably does not know an AR from a howitzer.


Steele on Gun Control via the Arsenal
Michael Steele was endorsed by the NRA in 2006 in his race for the U.S. Senate.

Dave Kopel opined in 2006 that a win by Michael Steele would have been "a great pick up for the Second Amendment"

Via the Washington Post (2006):
Q: Your views on gun control?

A: My views are pretty much in line with [NRA-backed Gov. Robert Ehrlich]. I grew up under some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. I loved the moment [anti-gun activist] Carl Rowan got caught [with a gun]. That summed it up for me. Summed it up for me...

It's not the law-abiding citizen. It's not the person who used it as a hobby. There's an underground market for guns. Despite the laws, streets are flooded with them...

Q: Should people have access to buy assault weapons or any gun that they want?

A: Well, I mean you draw the line. I mean, what do you need an assault weapon for? I mean, if going hunting, I think that's a little overkill or whatever, but the reality of it is, I think it's important for a society, a community to draw the lines as we've drawn in a number of other constitutional areas, but I don't think that that means that you go to a total ban for those who want to use guns for skeet shooting and hobbying and hunting and things like that.

Click the title to go to the Arsenal,

No comments: