Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Obama: Don't stock up on guns

The soon to be President Elect made the statement Sunday, he also said

“I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

I think I’ll take him at his voting record as a Illinois Representative, were time after time he voted for the most extreme guns laws to include, gun and ammunition bans, and 500% tax on ammo.

The left always wants to take the guns out of law-abiding citizens hands as opposed to throwing away the key on criminals who use guns while committing crimes.
I know why, a disarmed populace is nothing but sheep to an all-powerful government, after all those with the guns make the rules. History has shown us that time and time again one of the first things leftist dictators have done over the years is disarm the populace. Thank god that the founding fathers knew that tyranny had no limits and gave us the means with the second amendment to preserve freedom.

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

""The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

"The advantage of being armed . . . the Americans possess over the people of all other nations . . . Notwithstanding the military establishments in the several Kingdoms of Europe, which are carried as far as the public resources will bear, the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in his Federalist Paper No. 46.)

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." (Second Amendment to the Constitution.)

Sales of firearms and ammunition have gone through the roof locally. Getting and AR clone or many types of high-end pistols is difficult, as you must wait 3-4 weeks in some cases. I did my part and purchased a few odds and ends and I will continue to purchase ammo when I get a chance. The funny thing is that the politicians have noticed this and this is what caused Obama to make these statements.

No comments: