Thursday, December 13, 2007

Oath of Enlistment



This is a great shot and story of a patriot and hero. After watching all the freaks and draft dodgers on the History Channel show 1968 shots like this give me faith in the future. I actually feel sorry for the draft dodgers I saw in this show, they will never know the feeling that Sgt Moldovan and I felt every time we raised are right hand and repeated these words below.


I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.


Sgt. Jon Moldovan, reciting the oath of re-enlistment with Brig. Gen. Rodney Anderson (to left, not shown). Sgt. Moldovan, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, re-enlisted one day after he was wounded while helping his comrades wrest control of Musa Qala, Helmand Province, Afghanistan, from the Taliban.

No comments: