Monday, October 29, 2007

Fire Trucks




Some people have asked me what other items of interest are you going to post on? Well it fire trucks. I’ve been a volunteer firefighter for almost 20 years, serving communities around the country during my AF career. I’ll post some shots of the first rigs I rode up to the present day and periodically trucks that catch my eye or have unique capabilities. Today’s trucks are the first trucks I ever made calls on while still in high school. This is when I was member of the Harrods Creek Fire protections District, located in Louisville KY. The engine is unit 1233 a 1250 GPM Mack CF-600, the ladder is also a Mack CF-600 with a 100 foot ladder. I tell the new guys today about riding the tailboard back in the day and they have no idea what I’m talking about.

No comments: